Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Nice Stay

Stay Nice. That's my motto. I recently went on a vacation to the Oregon Coast with my family. We stayed overnight in a hotel, in the Dalles and then drove on in the morning, so we could enjoy the trip. While on the road, we got a call from the manager of the hotel, saying that our girls had left behind a baby blanket and would we like to make arrangements to pick it up on the way back through.

After our stay at the coast, we were delayed by some car troubles, so we stayed in another hotel, before heading back the next morning. I had it in my head that we had stayed in a "Best Western," hotel in the Dalles. So we picked a Best Western and had a good night's sleep and a hot breakfast the next morning.

On our way back to the Dalles, we stopped by and picked up the kids' blankie and I wanted to say something complementary to the manager, so I made a point to tell her that we had enjoyed our stay at her hotel, so much, in fact, that we stayed in a Best Western in the next town over... She looked at me with some dismay and muttered, "Oh." I thought, "Wow! Some people just can't take a compliment." on the way out to the car, I glanced up at their sign. It was a Marriot! Oops...

No comments:

Post a Comment