Monday, October 27, 2014

I Wave the Flag Proudly



I have been getting a lot of flack over some of my recent posts. Apparently, some people have viewed my thoughts as derogatory against the great nation that we live in. It has been suggested that if I am not happy with the way things are here, perhaps I should try someplace else. In fact, a few readers have been a little more explicit as to suggests a few places I might go -I won't mention them by name.

The places, or the readers...

Let's get this one thing straight. I am NOT ashamed of my country. I was born in the United States of America. I have travelled to several foreign lands, in my years on this earth and there is NO PLACE on the face of it that I would rather be than right HERE!

My sentiments in some of my earlier posts (American Automaton; Groomed to Consume, etc.) are NOT bashing America in the least. In fact, it was my hope to help make the country stronger by posting such thoughts. Those were intensely personal feelings that I was expressing, because, I feel as though we (true Americans, that is) are of a kindred spirit. I spoke as though I was speaking directly to my own family - because, after all, we are one BIG FAMILY.

We are from many walks of life. We are from many ethnic groups. We are from many different creeds and religions. We are from many points of view. One thing that ties us together is the fact that we are Americans. We are many, and I am proud to be among such a group as we are.

https://www.flootie.com/art/921/battlecry-by-kaycee-jay-kendall/

I wouldn't draw pictures like the one depicted in the link above, if I was against America or what she stands for.

http://kayceegraphics.blogspot.com/

Anybody who reads my posts on a regular basis can tell, quite readily, I am NOT ashamed of America. So, my message, to those who think otherwise is, Lighten up.

No comments:

Post a Comment