Monday, November 24, 2014

Like This

Oh, you'll like this... or, well, maybe you won't. Anyway, I was spending an "inordinate" amount of time writing political posts and one of my writers was ribbing me about it. In fact, the quotation marks are me quoting him as saying I was spending an "inordinate" amount of time... well, you get the picture. He was decrying the fact that I don't post any "broad humor" pieces anymore.

But it's like this: One thing led to another and I made a comment that he "liked," even while I was in the process of posting. So, I "liked" his "like." It was the weirdest thing. Somebody else came along and "liked" the fact that we were somehow enabled to "like" a "like."

Long story short, several more people happened along and "Liked" what we were doing -I capitalized that one because, and this is what is so cool, the "likes" went viral. Oh, you know how it goes, people are so bored these days, somebody "Tweeted" it on "Twitter," or something like that, and then, some other twit "retweeted" it, or something, because WOW! There are now about 62,000 "LIKES" on top of the original two likes!

I'd tell you where to find the pile-up, except that the server is down due to too much traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment